ABOUT THE ROLE
Advocate Lawyers is seeking a graduate lawyer to join our growing general practice. The successful candidate would be supervised by our Principal Lawyer and would build their skills in key transactional work including conveyancing and estate planning with the possibility to assist in commercial transactions, family law, employment law and general litigation.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has completed (or will shortly complete) a legal practice course;
- Has the confidence to try new things;
- Has excellent attention to detail;
- Can explain legal concepts in plain language;
- Enjoys autonomy but thrives in a team environment;
- Has had previous work experience, preferably in a professional environment; and
- Follows instructions and uses their initiative.
- Providing legal assistance to the Principal Lawyer in key transactional work including conveyancing and estate planning with the possibility to assist in commercial transactions, family law, employment law and general litigation;
- Communicating with clients and other legal professionals;
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients and practitioners;
- Conduct legal research, put together briefs, prepare annexures and other court documents;
- Work with support staff to achieve legal goals for the client and the business;
- Keeping abreast of changes in relevant laws and regulations.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Competitive Compensation.
- Enjoy a positive workplace culture where you will be valued, respected and supported.
- Achieve a healthy work-life balance with flexible work hours and part-time work options.
- Hybrid, work from home and remote work options by negotiation.
- Access professional development opportunities to support your continuous learning and professional growth.
We are currently based largely in Kingston with Hobart meeting rooms. The successful applicant would initially need to travel to Kingston but we are actively looking for a Hobart location and we encourage remote work and flexibility. For the right candidate, we will make your location work for us and consider part-time and flexible arrangements based on individual circumstances and business needs.
At Advocate Lawyers we offer a supportive culture where you can grow your practice and reap the rewards. If you have a positive outlook, enjoy working in a team and want to do work that helps people, then we’d love to speak to you.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org making sure to note the position in the subject line.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.